But What If It’s Raining?
One concern with having an outdoor Tipi wedding is “What if it rains?”
Unfortunately this is always going to be a worry for those couples who get married in the UK thanks to our delightfully varied and unpredictable British weather. However, there are a few things that can help you feel at least a little prepared (other than doing a sun dance every day in the run up to your wedding!).
1. Hire an additional Tipi for extra space for you and your guests. This will give you more standing and mingling room. With a bar, large open fireplace and a relaxed lounge, it works perfectly as a reception tent.
2. Have a basket of umbrellas – you can either hire some from us or buy some wonderfully quirky ones which match your colour scheme. Or how about these fabulous heart shaped ones? They’re perfect for a wedding! Come rain or shine, they also make for great accessories for fabulous photos – you could even give these to your guests as wedding favours. You never know, if the sun is shining they may come in handy for some shade!
3. Get a few “cuddle blankets”. If anyone is feeling a bit chilly they can cosy up in one. Again, they can be hired in to save you buying them and are a wonderful feature if placed in a quirky wooden box or basket.
4. We recommend some little extras such as heaters, a large open fireplace or possibly even some warm, mulled cider behind the bar for an out of season wedding.
5. Have the sides of the Tipis down. If the forecast for the day is looking a little wet then we can fix the sides of the Tipis down. It’ll just add to the cosiness and intimacy of your wedding.
Finally, when you’ve checked the forecast and seen rain drops rather than a big sun – DO NOT PANIC! Breathe and move on – rain is something you may have to contend with when planning an outdoorsy Tipi wedding so embrace it! Nothing is going to ruin your big day so always bear that thought in mind.
And if you do all of the above, then no doubt the sun will be shining!
To learn more on how Tentario can help you plan your own Tipitastic event, contact us today.
Photo: Charlottle Razzell Photography With just over two weeks to go until our Spring Open Weekend, we thought we’d give you a bit more information about what you can expect from coming along to a Tentario Tipi open day. #1. See the Tipis! Unlike a permanent venue,...
Photo: Bobby Mills Photography Following on from our blog post last week, “How to keep you and your guests warm at your winter Tipi wedding”, where we touched on a few drink suggestions for you and your guests, we thought (bearing in mind the time of year and no doubt...
Photo: Bobby Mills Photography Don’t be put off by a winter Tipi wedding, our Tipis are designed by Tentipi in Sweden so winter is their middle name! We’ve put together a list of our tips of how you can ensure that you and your guests stay warm during your winter...
get in touch
Contact us today for a bespoke quote
Tel: 01293 365007
We welcome calls at weekends and evenings too
Join us on social media to stay up to date with all our latest news:
VAT Registration No: 208 0718 28 | Registered Company No: 08623201 | Registered Office: Jordans, Partridge Lane, Newdigate, Surrey, RH12 4RW